- work together each day
- complete projects together
- listen to the same read-alouds
- take relevant field trips together
- watch educational videos and/or related movies together
All of those things make me very happy! As my oldest gets closer and closer to graduation, our time together becomes more and more precious. It is very important that our homeschool continues to be filled with moments where we are all learning together.
I have read several books about planning unit studies and have found two books particularly helpful. When planning a unit study, I try to include as many different academic subjects as I can. The following resources have been particularly helpful in teaching me how to accomplish the goal of including many different academic subjects into whatever unit study I am planning.
- Everything You Need to Know about Homeschool Unit Studies: The Anyone Can How-To Guide by Jennifer Steward
- Booster Shot! Energize Your Homeschool with Unit Studies by Kym Wright (I wrote a review of this book here).