October also brought me closer to my goal of reading 50 books. I am participating in my local library's 50 Book Challenge again this year. Right now, I've read 47 books this year. With two more months left in the year, I should be able to easily meet my goal and even go past it. Two of my books this month were from our history studies - we had been reading them for weeks and finished them in October.
Books Read in October
- Ravished by a Highlander by Paula Quinn ***
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne *****
- Pharaohs and Foot Soldiers, 100 Ancient Egyptian Jobs You Might Have Desired or Dreaded by Kristin Butcher ****
- Great Ancient Egypt Projects You Can Build Yourself by Carmella Van Fleet ****
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl ***
- Managers of Their Schools: A Practical Guide to Homeschooling by Steven and Teri Maxwell ***